One thing that would be nice to have is the custom whitespace filter
that the {{velocity}} macro has: see
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Velocity+Macro#HParametersdefinition
and
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Velocity+Macro+Filter

Basically, Velocity only supports literal whitespace processing, with
every space and newline going into the output, while we like to be able
to indent our sources without padding the output with lots of extra spaces.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/