Why does that value have to be stored in the wiki document?

Personally, I'd make it a Computed Field, and always get the current
value from an external service. This has the disadvantage that the
livetable can't filter/order by the number of installations.

If the cost of fetching data from an external service is a concern, then
add a TTL cache.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu