Hi devs,

I’d like to add a new script API in oldcore.

I need a new API to know if the XAR export feature is available so that the
Page level XAR export button is displayed (I’m trying to fix
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13695#).

I was thinking about adding some XXXScriptService in oldcore but the right hint
would be “xar” and XXX would be “XAR”. The problem is that we already have one
in xwiki-platform-xar (which right now is used by oldcore and thus I cannot add
this new method to the existing XarScriptService that is there).

I can’t find any name or hint that would make sense on the long run for
oldcore. Some other ideas:
* OldCoreScriptService, hint = “oldcore” and we consider it something temporary
that will need to go away and deprecate
* CoreScriptService, hint = “core”. Same
* ImportExportSerciceService, hint = “?”

Last, I have the option to continue what we’ve done so far which is increase a
bit more the size of api.XWiki. For example we have in there the following
method which does something similar:

/**
 * @return true if title handling should be using the compatibility mode or
not. When the compatibility mode is
 *         active, if the document's content first header (level 1 or level 2)
matches the document's title the
 *         first header is stripped.
 */
public boolean isTitleInCompatibilityMode()
{
    return this.xwiki.isTitleInCompatibilityMode();
}

so I could add XWiki.isXARExportAvailable()…

WDYT? Any preference?

Right now I have a hard time deciding. I hate it but I’m considering adding a
new method to the XWiki class, but I’d love to find something better.