Hi Caty,

> On 11 Aug 2017, at 13:51, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> While thinking about what features a Technical Documentation Flavor [1]
> should have, I came up with some ideas that we could integrate inside
> xwiki.org in order to make it a better documentation website:
> - navigation tree in the left panel, see
>  --
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/Flavors/TechnicalDocumentationFlavor/ExampleXWiki/WebHome/xwiki_doc_partial.png

As already discussed with you, I really like this screenshot. I find the UI to
be very clean and simple and the navigation on the left is perfect for a
documentation web site.

>  compared to
>  -- http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Installation
> - simpler skin (at least remove the comments area - lots of deprecated
> questions/answers and we have now the forum for that)
> - simpler menu (less entries + merge with the navbar if technical possible
> now, otherwise wait for newer version)
> - simpler footer area by removing the number of links displayed (we need to
> look at mouseflow)
>
> Would be great also to upgrade XWiki.org to a newer version.

Yep.

> There were all sorts of ideas in the past like:
> - displaying 'Edit' also for unregistered in order to encourage edits
> - display 'Register'/'Log-in' links in the navbar in order to encourage
> edits
> these are not part of the current proposal, but keep the ideas coming :) we
> will try to implement them when we can.
>
> Of course it would be great if we would had time to:
> - update the docs content
> - reorganize pages
> - update the blog styling
> - etc.
> but I guess small changes will come in time.
>
> Let me know what you think,

I’m really excited by this. I also believe a new L&F is needed for xwiki.org
(been several years that it’s not been changed and novelty is nice).

I think you should start implementing this skin on xwiki.org if you can find
some time and on my side I’m willing to help to move/reorganize the content
around (which will be needed as soon as we display the navigation menu on the
left).

Anyone else interested to help out too?