> On 12 Feb 2018, at 14:19, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We would need an extension point inside the Help application content in
> order for the applications to insert their documentation, usage, actions,
> etc.
>
> There are several use cases that would need an extension point inside the
> Help application:
> - Templates section: some templates might want to promote themselves with
> previews;
> - Macros section: same;
> - Applications section: same;
> - Help Homepage
> -- Tours: there is a proposal that adds a Tour section that lists the
> available Tours, see
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Proposal/MultiPageTours/helpHomeAfter.png
> and
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/MultiPageTours#HHelpTours
> -- Scripting Documentation Application
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Scripting%20Documentation%20Application
> could insert itself inside Help section, instead of AppBar.
> - Not sure if extension points also apply for Sandbox and XWiki Syntax, or
> if these should be just moved here.
>
> WDYT?

-0 for a UIXP but +1 for some new XClass(es) since UIXP should be reserved for
skins, i.e. templates (vm files). Note that on this topic we need to conclude
about http://markmail.org/message/ewk4rq7p2mtqehto (nobody replied to the last
thread item I wrote :)). I don’t know what we agree about officially and what
is still left to debate/decide. We need another thread for this.

Now we need to more precisely define the XClasses.

Ideas:

* One XClass for inserting “boxes” in the “Main Features” section, see
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Extension/Help%20Center%20Application/WebHome/HelpCenter-01-home.png.
 For example the Templates Application could/should insert itself instead of
being hardcoded.
* Another XClass for the videos page to contribute a new video definition, see
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Extension/Help%20Center%20Application/WebHome/HelpCenter-02-videos.png
* One XClass for adding a new macro on
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Extension/Help%20Center%20Application/WebHome/HelpCenter-04-macros.png
* One XClass for adding a new application on
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Extension/Help%20Center%20Application/WebHome/HelpCenter-05-applications.png

Note: There could be a single XClass with a “type” xproperty to say where the
content is contributed to or they could be different if we want more
typed-XClasses.

Thanks
-Vincent