On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 1:09 PM, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:

> Hi Caty and all,
>
> I’m fine with creating the color-themes repo on xwiki-contrib for themes
> that are not good enough in term of quality and that we don’t want to
> bundle in XS as a consequence.
>
> In term of naming I’d propose: “application-colorthemes” to be in sync
> with our current naming scheme (see http://contrib.xwiki.org/
> xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome#HChoosingthename).

This repo will contain just Color Themes instances, not the application.
The application and UI is found at
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-flamingo/xwiki-platform-flamingo-themes/xwiki-platform-flamingo-theme-ui/
also your proposal is kind of conflicting with the old ColorThemes
Application, see
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Color%20Theme%20Application

> An alternative would be to introduce a new prefix “colortheme-“ and use
> something like “colortheme-default” or “colortheme-pack1” or …. This second
> option is interesting if we want other color theme repos to exist. If we
> want all color themes to go into a single repo then the 1st naming option
> seems better.

I would like us to add the color-themes prefix. It follows the naming
scheme and we do similar things for skins and icon-themes, examples:
skin-bluebird, skin-leiothrix, icon-theme-material, icon-theme-glyphicons,
so we will have color-theme-dawn, etc. The repository application also
knows the Skin, Color Theme and Icon Theme categories, so there will be
some consistency between theme-ing entities.

I'm going to create the repo and commit the themes.
Thanks for your feedback,
Caty