Hi Adel and all,

> On 18 May 2018, at 10:05, Adel Atallah <adel.atal...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> As you probably know, we have decided to use Weblate <https://weblate.org/> as
> our new translation platform (l10n.xwiki.com). We still need to make some
> decisions before making an official announcement to the community.
>
> I'd like to know here how we should deal with translation reviews.
> I'm thinking of two ways to review translations:
>
> 1) Reviewing directly on the Weblate platform
> Pros:
>  - Users can only make suggestions for already approved translations
> (which means we'll only have approved translations in the commits)
>  - We can compare the translated keys to the source one (English)
>  - We could push commits directly on the git repository instead of making
> PRs
> Cons:
>  - AFAICS we can only review one translation key at a time (and overall
> the review process seems to be quite hard)
>  - It seems that we receive an email for each new suggestions/translations
> (and we can't group them)
>
> 2) Reviewing on Github (with PRs)
> Pros:
>  - We can review everything in a single view (github diff)
>  - We know exactly what we are merging in the repository
> Cons:
>  - Can't see the English source next to the translation (even if we mostly
> don't need to)
>  - It's harder to manage spam as people could change every translations
> (no locking/suggestions)
>  - You'll have to go on Weblate and revert rejected keys (one by one)
>
> I'm in favor of option 2 as it's the simplest and the safest one as
> everything can be checked on the PR.
> If you need to see how reviews are being made on Weblate, I can probably
> send screenshots or just give, for some of you, manager rights on the
> platform.
>
> WDYT?

Big +1 for 2.

Option 1 is a nightmare IMO:
* One notification email per translation
* No view in weblate to easily review all pending translations to review
* Users cannot change already translated keys and it needs to be done by hand
by an admin after a comment/suggestion has been posted by a user

Seen the size we are,1 is completely impossible for me and too painful.

BTW we already had the concept of approved/reviewed translation on the old l10n
and we never used it since it’s too painful/hard work.

Thanks
-Vincent