Ok I’ve created a 3rd job for unsupported configs:
https://ci.xwiki.org/view/Recommended%20Builds/job/xwiki-platform_docker_unsupported/

So we now have:
* Job 1: run all tests on latest versions of supported configs
* Job 2: run smoke tests (ie a few tests only) on all supported configs
* Job 3: run smoke tests on unsupported configs (MySQL 8.x, Tomcat 9.x, etc)

Definitions are all here:
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-jenkins-pipeline/blob/06b679bf511261dbd0125a352a5f9074746aff83/src/org/xwiki/jenkins/DockerTests.groovy

Thanks
-Vincent