On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 12:00 PM Marius Dumitru Florea
<mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 11:22 AM Thomas Mortagne <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com>
> wrote:

> > consecutive

> > practices.

> > > Note that the question is not so much about being simple (we can just
> > remove WCAG for that and it’s the simplest ;)) but about being the right
> > thing to do for people with disabilities.
> > >
> > > For me we have the following options:
> > >
> > > A) We don’t think that this check is useful, ie that it brings
> > advantages for people with disabilities and then we can remove it. No need
> > to add exceptions.
> > >
> > > B) We think the check is useful for people with disabilities and we
> > should keep it, even for translations pages since I don’t see why people
> > with disabilities shouldn’t be able to use translation pages. There are
> > some ideas to fix this: I listed some in the jira issue and Thomas
> > mentioned one too (it’s option D).
> > >

> > > C) Now I’m fine if we say the following: for technical reasons it’s
> > already hard to ensure that we pass WCAG for user pages and thus FTM we
> > focus only on those ones and we agree that we don’t pass WCAG for
> > developer-oriented features, with the goal of improving on that aspect in
> > the future. And thus we disable WCAG checks on technical pages (hidden
> > pages) for now.
> >

> > Excluding hidden page for now is indeed something that would make a
> > lot of sense.
> >

> I agree. The issue is that we can have hidden pages that:
>
> * are not displayed by default (I'm thinking panels)

Yes, we just need to have a filter a little bit more advanced than
"hidden=false". We could imagine a white list of xclasses (which would
have priority over "hidden=false" filter).

Now for the specific panels use case we actually have a place where
they are all displayed and validated all at once: the administration.

> * are included / displayed dynamically with JavaScript so they won't appear
> in the HTML downloaded by our WCAG tests (I'm thinking of async panels and
> modals for instance)

Validating DOM generated in javascript is indeed a problem we already
have. Now for the few cases which are actually wiki pages included
asynchronously and which don't fit in a generic xclass based filter we
could add them trough the existing URL list property.

About async panels, most of them are also cached which means they are
really asyn only when loading the first page (when the framework find
a cached content is return it instead of putting an async
placeholder).

--
Thomas Mortagne