Hi,

What I don't like about this is the fact that, because of the rule that
says that all closed issues must have assigned documentation links
(including in the RN), the developer now has to make yet another decision,
and a pretty subjective one, this time. You (the dev) need to decide if the
issue you've just worked on is RN worthy... a decision that can be
problematic at multiple levels and I foresee possible friction (e.g. you
believe you're done with your issue and, on the last minute or at release
day, someone starts telling you that it should have been documented in the
RN, when you had previously decided that it was not the case).

Re "Developers", I also prefer to keep it and to target both "advanced
users" and "platform users" (i.e. extension devs that would normally be
interested in API changes). IMO, it's more important to focus in the RN on
explaining what *changes* in the platform's behavior with the modification
that was performed, nor only in explaining what the modification does.

Also, AFAIR, we used to consider the issue tracker as "ephemeral" so the
fact that we are listing the issues that might be gone at some point might
no be very helpful on the long run.

So I see the proposal as slightly conflicting with the potentially
vanishing list of issues and the rule that requires dev to always document
(including in the RN).

IMO, we already deploy an "importance" ordering and we have the
Miscellaneous section that readers can easily skip. I agree with Marius
when he says that XWiki and SonarQube are completely different beasts.

An even more extreme approach, building on what Denis suggested, is to
break the RN into completely separate pages, for Users, Devs and Admins...
but I just feel we're creating busy work for ourselves at this point...

IMO, our current approach works. Sure, we might have to avoid cryptic lines
in the Miscellaneous section, but that's something we can improve.

Thanks,
Eduard