Thank you for your comments Thomas and Vincent,
Thanks for merging my pull request.

Dear all,

Since 11.4-SNAPSHOT (it will 11.4-RC1 in I suppose), it is possible to use the transformation actions INSERT_TEXT and INSERT_ATTACHMENT_CONTENT. This is documented in https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/XARPlugin#HInsertTextContentofaFile

paul