Hi Stéphane, all,

On 06/06/2019 12:54, Stéphane Laurière wrote:
Hi devs,

I'm opening this vote in order to propose an API breakage consisting in renaming the extension point "org.xwiki.platform.head" to "org.xwiki.platform.html.head". The former identifier was introduced too early by mistake in 11.1RC1 due to an omission by me, apologies, but it does not fit well because it does not self-explain that it targets the html head. Here is the extension point documentation page:

https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/DevGuide/ExtensionPoint/HTMLHead

As far as I know, there's just one public extension using this extension point for now, it's the OpenGraph Application, which already uses the new identifier:

https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/OpenGraph%20Application/

Further information about the change is available in the following pull request, which requires among other things that this vote passes:

   https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/pull/1115

Thanks to Caty for spotting the issue and the guidance on how to fix it, and to Simon and Vincent.

+1 for the API breakage since it's something quite new and it would be more explicit on the long term.

Simon

Kind regards

Stéphane

--