Antonio Terceiro:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 07:11:00PM +0000, Ximin Luo wrote:
>> Antonio Terceiro:

>>> the current version is not calling debian/rules directly anymore, nor has
>>> $SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH. it looks like this:
>>>
>>>   vary 'dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc' \
>>>     'faketime +213days+7hours+13minutes dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc'
>>>
>>> can you please make sure you are running the latest version, and if so, let
>>> me
>>> now if it still doesn't work for you?
>>>

>> Hi Antonio, the bug is about the +213days value, so based on what you
>> described it would still exist in the new version. I will test it
>> again to confirm, but this will take a few more days.
>>
>> The suggested fix is to use a value that is in the past instead of the
>> future, but still after the latest entry in d/changelog. One doesn't
>> have to set SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH, merely calling dpkg-parsechangelog
>> would be fine.
>
> Can you try this instead:
>
> future=$(date -d '+213days+7hours+13minutes' +%s)
> faketime "@$future" dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc

Hi Antonio, why do you think this would have a different effect? Everything
that `man faketime` says indicates that all the 3 options that you described
would behave identically. Nevertheless, I am testing it now, but I think you
are wasting time here.

I told you already, faketime has known problems like this. It is perfectly
expected that this +213 days value will cause something to break. That is why
we don't just add it to dpkg-buildpackage and say "everything is reproducible"
already. If for some magical reason it turns out it is not at fault here for
glibc, it will still cause something *else* to break in the future. So an
option to disable it is prudent.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git