On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 12:04:59PM +0100, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This change is a bit annoying, I used to run "debuild clean" to clean
> up my working directories and it no longer works. The extra "--" is
> rather inconvenient.
>
> I tried debclean instead but it doesn't seem to be equivalent to "debuild
> clean".
> For example with the tomcat8 package it executes the clean target 8 times!

this is a bug, or at least an annoyance, in debclean; it will find every
subdirectory of the current directory that contains a directory called
`debian` and call `debuild -- clean` there. this is intended when you
run debclean in a directory where you have several debian packages,
but it does not make sense when you are already inside a source package
directory. I'm writing a fix for this.