*** From dhcp-server -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Best I've found is this simple reghack that runs in the login script (this
is only on win9x clients):

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\MSTCP]
"EnableDNS"="1"
"HostName"="host"
"Domain"=""
"SearchList"="primary.com,secondary.com,tertiary.com"
"NameServer"=""

This lets me give 3 (or more) domains, while still pulling the IP address
for the nameserver from DHCP.  Of course, it has a glitch or two, i.e. a
user has to click on 'OK' becase they get a dialog box stating "domain.reg
has been sucessfully entered into the registry", and it's really only good
for machines that are going to remain on a desktop because if the machine
wanders to yet another domain (ISP at home if a laptop) and pulls DHCP, the
domain it gets doesn't seem to override the search order, so no resolution.
But for me, where I had hundreds of machines that were never going to leave
the building, this worked great.  Reboot them, log them into the domain
once, and they're done.  Then I turned off the reghack in the login script
and just run it manually from a share for any new builds that go out to the
floor.

Maybe it'll help in your case, maybe not.

Mark