Hi Viet

This is excellent.

When we first started discussing using logging framework for audit you
pointed out that logging is most commonly used for system
info/diagnostics/debugging.  Which is true.  Of course logging works
pretty well for audit as well, but I was thinking (influenced by
http://www.mail-archive.com/gene...@logging.apache.org/msg00747.html)
that it makes sense to use a distinct logger, rather than one based
after the class name, for this.

So for example instead of where you have:
private Logger logger = Logger.getLogger( getClass() );

I was thinking something more like
private Logger audit_logger = Logger.getLogger( AUDIT_LOG ); // where
AUDIT_LOG is a globally accessible string

Or considering that the audit_logger could be thought of as a
singleton throughout the system, just use a setter and configure by
spring.  Or a static getLogger method on a simple AuditLogger class.

However, I see you have extended Level to produce a new AUDIT_LEVEL
and routed that to a distinct log appender which I can see also works
well to manage the output of logging in a discriminatory way.  That's
pretty cool.  I'm still in two minds whether the enabling of audit
should be related to the debug level you want to have on diagnostics
though.  I might reasonably want to turn audit off and debug on for
example.  For which I'd want a distinct audit logger.  Maybe that's
not reasonable.

What do you think?

Cheers
Bob