On 20 April 2010 12:04, Jason Pickering <jason.p.picker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ola,
>
> Here is what i am trying to do. I have a paper data collection form
> that i am implementing as a custom data entry screen. Pretty simple in
> practice, but is laborious to implement because 1) We do not have
> multidimensional/category combo type data elements here and 2) The
> sort order of the data elements is all jumbled up.
>

>  I want to break up the dataset, which is rather large, into sections
> that correspond to two separate pages of the paper aggregation form.
> Why? Well, it is not entirely necessary I guess, since I am using a
> custom data entry form, but some users actually prefer to use the
> "default" form instead of the custom form. I want to be sure that the
> data elements are ordered properly and they have appropriate sections.
> Thus, I figured that the data set sections would do this for me.
> Perhaps this is totally unnecessary, but it still does not mean that
> this bug is not valid. The list remains totally unordered, so if
> people want to have a data set section for whatever reason, it should
> be presented in some form that makes sense. Seems Bob may have already
> figured it out.

Thought I had but now I'm a bit confused :-(

There are three things which could be sorted (and sorted with
different criteria eg. by id, by name, by categorycombo, by ad-hoc
sortorder) :
(i) the panel of available dataelements
(ii) the panel of selected dataelements
(iii) the display and/or navigation order on the default form

Which is it?

Regards
Bob