2010/4/21 Jason Pickering <jason.p.picker...@gmail.com>:
> Hi Lars,
> I will write up the blueprint. It is becoming my specialty. :)
>
> Personally, I think the filter button is a good thing to test. The
> on-the-fly filtering is really causing me a lot of headaches. On
> Ubuntu, on a relatively slow machine, the browser greys out while
> performing a filter, sometimes for a minute or so. This does not seem
> like a particularly complicated operation, but it is very annoying,
> and the user has no idea what is happening. The machine just freezes
> for a few seconds when filtering on data elements.

Should maybe not throw out the baby with the bathwater.  What you
describe shouldn't really happen - that's meant to be the asynchronous
in Ajax - and could well be a problem with our implementation.  So I'd
go for an optional button - perhaps driven by a general system-wide
setting "No-Ajax-Please" which could be used in other parts of the UI
as well.

> I am experiencing a very high latency environment right now, so it may
> be a while before I can get launchpad to work.

I had some problems with launchpad last night.  I think sometimes it
just gets bewildered.

Cheers
Bob