From: Bob Jolliffe <bobjolli...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] dxf2
To: "Jason Pickering" <jason.p.picker...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Ime Asangansi" <asanga...@yahoo.com>, dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net
Date: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 9:35 AM

Hi Ime

For the moment dxfv1 remains what there is and support for it will remain.  I
have had some discussion with Jo regarding the new web api he is building.  It
is my hope that the xml which we use with that will in effect be dxf2 but I
think it is currently too much in flux to target.

How "dimensional" is the data?  It might also be that it makes better sense to
transform to sdmx-hd which we can also import.  We import this by transforming
internally to dxf, so even if we change dxf we would still support sdmx.

The schemas in the doc branch were speculative - Jo has taken some ideas from
there but also adds some flexibility of representation as well as taking
advantage of the drive to stabilize our identifiers,

Bob