On 29 November 2011 17:30, Jo Størset <897...@bugs.launchpad.net> wrote:
> Default encoding of byte arrays have changed between 8.4 and 9.0. It
> should be fixable by specifying bytea_output in the 9 db, see , [1]

Yes this is definitely the cause of at least one of the problems.  Any
idea how you set this on pg_dump though?

Two suggestions I have also seen which may be helpful:
(i) Dump the data separate.  You can restore the schema in an empty
database just by running the latest dhis against it.  Then import the
data from the pg_dump.
(ii) Try to use the 8.4 pg_dump client.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4599696/use-pg-restore-to-restore-
from-a-newer-version-of-postgresql