On 29 February 2012 11:51, Juma Lungo <jlu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Jan
>
> I am facing a challenge of installing dhis2 in 40 windows computer, can
> i just use "dhis2-live"? will it be possible to handle data just as a
> normal dhis2 in PostgreSQL?

What do you mean by installing on 40 windows computers?  That each
should have their own database?  I think the only use case for this is
maybe in a training environment.  In which case dhis2-live would be
fine.

Or are these 40 computers going to be installed and then dispersed but
still be part of some sort of overall distributed HMIS?  In which case
the first preference from an ongoing maintenance and
total-cost-of-ownership perspective would be to go web-based wherever
possible - using mobile network or whatever might be available.  In
which case you just need to ensure that the computers are virus free
and have a decent browser installed.  And probably mydatamart.

Jason has also done some sort of installer of postgres+tomcat using
bitrock which might match your use case.   I haven't tried it.

Also it is possible to use dhis2-live+postgres but you lose the
primary advantage of zero install.

Bob