Yes we use use SDMX+HD to import data from openmrs based hospital system in
India.  Using it very simplistically (and therefor effectively) to read
sdmx+hd cross+sectional data messages without bothering to exchange DSD.
 The matching of codes is done manually at present because they are few,
but this needs to be enhanced to read the codelists. There is anonline demo
site of this but I am not sure if it is still being used to develop
datasets - if this is complete (I think it should be just about) I'll share
the url and you can take a look.  Uses this module, which is not
cosmetically complete or "nice" but it produces valid sdmx-hd messages
which we can consume. https://github.com/hispindia/SDMXHDataExport .

Also we have used sdmx+hd to import data from iHRIS
http://www.ihris.org/wiki/SDMX-HD_Data_Export_--_Kenya and to import data
from OpenMRS using the module developed by Jembi.  This uses an older
approach which is not so flexible but has the advantage of supporting
categorycombo data.  Fixing up multidimensional data import for dxf2 is
still to be done.

I am going to complete the export of Rwanda pbf data in SDMX-HD this week
as well (hopefully).  Will share that information when its done.  Using a
very simple approach, as there is no real api to that system, of sucking
the data from the database and formatting as an sdmx message.

There is a lot in the sdmx-hd standard which is excessive and over complex
which can be safely ignored and still remain conformant to the standard.
 If you look inside the dhis source code in the import/export module you
will see that there is a very simple xslt transform which is applied to the
incoming sdmx-hd cross-sectional message to produce a dxf2 datavalueset
message.
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/trunk/view/head:/dhis-2/dhis-services/dhis-service-importexport/src/main/resources/transform/cross2dxf2.xsl.
 This is triggered automatically (by recognizing the root element in the
xml) so you just import the sdmx file in the same way you import any dxf
file.
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/trunk/view/head:/dhis-2/dhis-services/dhis-service-importexport/src/main/resources/transform/transforms.xml

Bob