Hi Morten

On 28 October 2012 13:18, Morten Olav Hansen <morte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bob
>
> This should be as easy as adding another method.. we already have
> getObjectList (I think thats the name.. ) in our ABC. What you will need to
> do, is to add another method in DataSetController, maybe call it
> getDataSetsDSD (or something similar). And have a request-mapping that
> points to both dataSets and dataSets.dsd, this together with the consumed =
> mimetype option, should give you a unique combination (spring mvc will
> complain if two requestmappings point to the same method)

This is all what I figured.  Estimated 2 hours work and 2 days later
:-)  So I have a method in DataSetController with a signature like:

@RequestMapping( value = DataSetController.RESOURCE_PATH + ".dsd",
produces = "application/dsd+xml" )
    public void getStructure( @RequestParam Map<String, String>
parameters, HttpServletResponse response )

Which is I think like you say (other than produces rather than
consumes).  But all I get is the "Aw snap" page with nothing in the
logs whatsoever which makes this really difficult to debug.  (I don't
know if you have any tips for efficient debugging, but currently my
edit-compile-test cycle is also very unfriendly, going into many
minutes).

I *think* (and I feel I am no expert on this), that the getObjectList
in abstract controller is catching ALL get requests to dataSets.  I
had originally thought that providing a more precise match to the
request in the dataSets class would trump the more general match in
the abstract controller (you will recognize xslt as having dominated
my thinking on this matching business).  Anyway it looks like it
doesn't work like this.  If two controller methods are an ambiguous
match, spring seems to just go pop.

Thats ok, but if it is the case, then either we would have to make
specific exclusions to the abstract controller match (which could get
ugly as it is used for much more than datasets), or move back away
from /api/dataSets to something like /api/dsd.

Can you confirm that I am reading this correctly.

Bob