On 20 February 2013 17:00, Lars Helge Ă˜verland <larshe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> no concrete plans but I hear the requirement coming up more frequently. I
> seem to remember that Bob managed to set up some authentication scheme using
> Spring security LDAP support, and that a challenge was to map the LDAP user
> to the DHIS user + user role setup. Maybe Bob can comment in more detail.

Yes that about summarizes where I got to.  And verified that
authentication worked against openldap, apacheDS and 389 Directory
server.  I didn't have AD to play with :-)  I'd have to go back and
dig up some archives to find the bean configuration, but that part is
relatively straightforward.  Associating the logged in user with the
actual dhis2 user and mapping ldap groups to user roles could be a bit
more challenging.

I'll try and find what I did and put the source in a sandbox branch.
Maybe there will be good suggestions how to take it further.  This was
back in 2009/10.  It might even be easier today.

Bob