Hi - I just want to echo the need of more complex logic for doing
indicators.

The way that we are addressing this at PSI is by creating 'Calculated Data
Elements'. That's basically a Data Element that doesn't have data entry,
and instead we populate it via a SQL procedure that we run every night. A
cron job currently does the job, but we are moving them into PgAgent. Our
current use cases:

1. Copy the previous months 'Closing Balance' into the 'Opening Balance' of
this month
2. Average distribution across the last 3 months (rather than the whole
series)

Another similar need that we currently plan to address via iReports is
giving improvement over time: variation (increase/ decrease)
- Option a: Q2 this year vs Q2 last year
- Option b: This Quarter (Q2 2013) vs Previous Quarter (Q1 2013)

In my mind, a potential implementation is to be able to define time ranges
(default - all periods) when creating the numerator/ denominator of an
indicator.

*Rodolfo Meliá*
*Principal*
rme...@knowming.com