Robin,

We have a feature to get number of events for a given program stage.

Two options need to be set:

1) Operator, at the top of the page, need to be 'Number of visits'

2) Under the Program tab, select 'Visited selected program stage'

The formula will then be on this format :
[PS:391]

With 391 being the internal id of the program  stage.

That should give you the total number of events for your single event
without registration program.

Ola
------