This is the cURL command I try:

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -u admin:district -d
@datavalues.zip "https://play.dhis2.org/demo/api/dataValueSets.json.zip"; -X
POST

The POST against DEMO server gives the same response that before. I tried
with ".json", ".zip" and ".json.zip" extensions, but no success. The
"datavalues.zip" only contains a valid .json file (sending this .json file
uncompressed, the import works).

If you want me to try something else, just tell me.