On reflection, I think this might still be a bug after all.
If you can assign search org units to users, then why would the
authority 'Search tracked entity instances in all org units' even exist?
The very name of that authority seems to imply that it should override
any specific assignments, and allow users to search _all_ tracked entity
My guess, looking at how these features have been named, is that the
functionality should ideally work as follows:
1. By default, users can only search in their Data Capture org units (just as,
by default, they can only see analytics for their Data Capture org units);
2. This can be overridden by assigning wider/specific Search org units (in the
same way that you can assign wider/specific Data Output org units).
3. For searching, both of these assignments can be overridden by giving the
user a role with the 'Search tracked entity instances in all org units'
authority, which (as the documentation states and the authority name implies)
gives you the same Search permissions as the ALL authority, and removes the
need for specifying Search org unit assignments on a user-by-user basis.
I'm thinking through our own (very typical) use case, which is that we
want all users to be able to share a common list of patients (tracked
entity instances) across a DHIS2 instance, while still only being able
to record events for their own org unit. Having to individually assign
(and maintain) Search org units for each one of dozens/hundreds of users
would be a logistical nightmare, whereas if the feature works as
specified above (and as the documentation states), we can easily just
add this authority into the role we set up for the program. :-)
I'd be very grateful for your feedback on this, and whether or not you
would be happy to still keep this open as a bug.
Many thanks, Sam.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DHIS 2
developers, which is subscribed to DHIS.
The role/authority ‘Search tracked entity in all Org Units’ is not
working, and even with this authority, a search will return only
tracked entity instances that are registered/enrolled within user's
own assigned org units
Status in DHIS:
The ‘search tracked entity instance in all Org Units’ authority
doesn’t appear to be working in 2.24 – see section 26.2 of the 2.24
User Guide for details of this authority. (This feature has been
documented for quite some time now, but I haven’t yet had a chance to
check whether or not it’s working in earlier versions of DHIS2.) Even
after being given a role containing this authority, users do not
appear to be able to search for tracked entity instances outside of
their assigned ‘data capture’ Org Units.
To reproduce this in the 2.24 stable demo:
1. While logged in as ‘Admin’, go to ‘Tracker Capture’, select ‘MNCH /
PNC (Adult Woman)’, and select the Njandama MCHP org unit.
2. Type ‘Sarah’ in the search box – it should return a record for
Sarah Thompson registered at Ngelehun CHC.
3. Go to the User app, and update the role ‘MNCH / PNC (Adult Woman) program’
to include the following authorities:
- Add/update tracked entity data value
- Add/update tracked entity instance
- Delete tracked entity data value
- Delete tracked entity instance
- Search tracked entity instance
- Search tracked entity instance in All Org Units
- See browser cache cleaner module
- See dashboard integration module
- See Tracker Capture Module
4. Create a new user with just this role, and give it only the
Njandama MCHP Org Unit.
5. Log out and back in again with this new user.
6. Go to ‘Tracker Capture’, select the Njandama MCHP Org Unit (it
should be the only one showing), and select the ‘MNCH / PNC’ program.
7. Type ‘Sarah’ in the search box – no records are returned; click to
show ‘detailed search’, and only the Njandama Org Unit is showing
(rather than the wider OU tree mentioned in the documentation),
meaning this user is not able to search for tracked entity instances
registered/enrolled at Ngelehun CHC.
Tested on DHIS2 2.24 stable demo (revision fff20a3); Chrome version
53.0.2785.116 (64-bit); Mac OSX 10.11.6 (15G1004)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp