Dear Calle,
Thanks for your response. That was what i told the partners but their
budget didn't permitted them and they didn't have names for all the
schools. How does comments works on DataSet? Because we can use the
option of comments to tag names to a particular Data Entry because the
name of the schools are for reference purposes.

On 11/15/17, Calle Hedberg <calle.hedb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gerald,
>
> I would not recommend using the standard HMIS for school health - it would
> give you minimal control and reporting capabilities per school.
>
> In South Africa, school health is captured into a separate DHIS2 database
> where the hierarchy ends with schools and not health facilities (although
> each school might store a reference health facility, of course). All the
> ~30,000 schools in the country is part of that orghierarchy, and we
> generally try to get annual data for the number of learners (pupils) per
> grade, which you can then use as denominator data to get coverage
> indicators.
>
> You COULD of course add the schools into the HMIS orghierarchy, but IMHO
> that is rather messy - better to use a separate database
>
> Regards
> Calle
>
> On 15 November 2017 at 08:30, gerald thomas <gerald17...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>> I created a Teenage Pregnancy dataSet whose data should be captured
>> from schools. Since we have multiple schools per Chiefdom; i created a
>> data element 'school' in the form of a text string. During data entry,
>> when a school had been entered for a particular chiefdom, it don't
>> accept another school again.
>>
>> Please can someone help.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gerald

> --

> Calle Hedberg
>
> 46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA
>
> Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472
>
> Cell: +27-82-853-5352
>
> Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119
>
> Email: calle.hedb...@gmail.com