If you really must work on your production database directly then at
the very least you should shutdown the dhis2 instance while you make
changes.  Naturally you want to keep that down time to a minimum.

So I would suggest a sequence of:

(i) make a copy of the database to test these procedures
(ii) test out all of this sql stuff against your db copy (making sure
you keep your sql in files so you can rerun against production)
Once you are happy you can do what you need to do quickly and correctly,
(iii) shutdown the dhis2 instance
(iv) make a backup of database (again)
(v) run the sql
(vi) restart dhis2 instance