Hi

The short answer is NO - the event date is what I normally call an "anchor"
field, similar to e.g. having to specify an orgunit for any enrollment.

There is no simplistic solution to this (very common) challenge of users
capturing data without actually consciously assessing the consistency and
"meaning" of what they capture.

If the event contains any other dates you can use program rules to compare
it with the event date (at least in 2.30 / 2.31, which supports the use of
stage-specific event dates in program rules/indicators) - but you are in
many ways faced with the same challenge for ANY date field since the
calender popup always default to the current date.

So my preferred solution is to hit the problem straight on:
- intensive training of data capturers on how to avoid this mistake
- intensive monitoring / checking of what they capture until they have
largely got it right.

Or in other words, don't let human beings getting away with being
slackers....

Regards
Calle

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 09:46, Isabane Janvier <isaba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>

> My name is ISABANE Janvier from HISP – Rwanda. We are currently working
> on tracker program and we would like to know if there is a way of not
> prompting current date (Leave It empty) on reporting date while creating
> a new event.
>
> The reason is that “People tend to leave it as it is (Current Date) shows
> up by default even when historical date entered ”
>
> for instance I want to capture event happened last week and by adding the
> new event on stage, reporting date comes by current date by default. Users
> by mistake leave it as it is.
>

> [image: image.jpeg]
>
> we are using DHIS2 Version 2.28
>

> Best Regards,

> *ISABANE Janvier*
> *Junior Programmer*
> *HISP Rwanda.*
> Mobile: +250 788 286 107,
> address: KG 113 St, Kigali - Rwanda
>
> website: hisprwanda.org
>
> e-mail: isabane.janv...@hisprwanda.org / isaba...@gmail.com

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352

Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119

Email: calle.hedb...@gmail.com