Thanks Roshan,

There is quite a clear difference with the resource tables, which are
generated later, on manual request (but it is a kind of bug if you get
error messages if you haven't generated them - at a minimum, you
should be directed to trigger the generation).

Adding the missing minmaxdataelement table workedm, but it is
interesting that you have it - perhaps your database was created with
2.6? I have not heard of this bug before, so it could have been
something that was introduced with 2.7. It seems strange to me that
there should be a difference between Linux and Windows on this.

Knut

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Roshan Hewapathirana
<roshanhewapathir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Knut,
> I am using MySQL on Linux with DHIS2. I have 157 tables including
> 'minmaxdataelement'.
> So, I think this is a problem of generating tables than MySQL.
>
> More or less similar behaviour (table does not exist) can be seen with the
> use of Datasets >> Edit Compulsory Dataelements. There the error indicates
> not having '_categoryoptioncomboname' but the problem solved when Resource
> Tables generated under Data Administration. I didn't report this as a bug
> though.
>
> Anyway, your description indicated that 'minmaxdataelement' error is not
> related to Resource tables. Since you are having 149 and 150 tables
> respectively, you haven't generated Resource tables yet, so I guess, you can
> replicate '_categoryoptioncomboname' error message.
>
> Roshan
>
> On 22 April 2012 22:20, Knut Staring <knu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> I'm copying this to the  dhis2-users team and mailing list; you can
>> sign up here: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
>>
>> I just did a clean install of version 2.7 against Mysql, and I seem to
>> be able to enter data without getting the error you got.
>> "Caused by (com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException):
>> Table 'dhis2.minmaxdataelement' doesn't exist"
>>
>> However, I see that there is no table called "minmaxdataelement" in
>> MySql (149 tables total), whereas it is there when I do the same in
>> Postgres (150 tables). This does indicate that there is a problem with
>> the data generation for MySql.
>>
>> I have reported this as a bug,
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/dhis2/+bug/985800
>>
>> I hope this will be fixed for the upcoming 2.8 release. While you wait
>> for that, you could probably run the following SQL query to add the
>> missing table:
>>
>> CREATE TABLE minmaxdataelement
>> (
>>  minmaxdataelementid int(11) NOT NULL,
>>  sourceid int(11),
>>  dataelementid int(11),
>>  categoryoptioncomboid int(11),
>>  `minvalue` int(11) NOT NULL,
>>  `maxvalue` int(11) NOT NULL,
>>  generated bool NOT NULL
>> )
>>
>> Knut

Knut Staring
Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo
+4791880522
http://dhis2.org