Hi list,

Have run across an issue that we can't quite get to the bottom of. We created two user roles - poweruser and data analyst. The poweruser can do most things in the system e.g. add / delete data elements & Indicators, users, orgunits etc. The Data Analyst role is for viewing data that has been entered through the various visualisation tools. The PowerUser was created in version 2.10, while the Data Analyst was created many versions previously. What is strange is that a power user can neither assign the Data Analyst role nor see any users with the data analyst role. I assumed that there must be an authority in the DA role that isn't present in the PU. When I compared the two I found that the DA has a number of authorities which I couldn't find anywhere else - namely See Data Mart, See Export Data Mart Module, See API Module, and View Report. Am I correct in assuming that these authorities are now deprecated? If so, firstly,  is it likely that they are interfering with the PU ability to see users assigned this role? Secondly, it would seem that the mechanism when upgrading DHIS2 instances for authorities to be mapped from one version to the next is not working perfectly...

I haven't removed these authorities as yet, but is this likely to cause a problem?

Cheers
Dan
--
Daniel Bridges, PhD