Hello Adam,

Can you clarify what you mean by creating metadata ?

The implementation guide and the user documentation are the main
documentation to read in order to get started. You can also look at the
demo (https://play.dhis2.org/demo) in order to get a better understanding
on how DHIS2 can fit your specific case.

Do you plan to use it to collect then analyze regular data on agriculture
on a set of areas with predefined organization ?

Good luck.

Kind regards,
Kader