Hi Collins and Gerald,

You should not execute "sudo ./startup.sh" as this means your Tomcat will
run as the root user, which is generally a very bad idea.

>From the error, it looks like the user which owns the Tomcat directory does
not actually have access to the logs. So you should "chown" all of the
files to that user, and then start Tomcat up as a non-privileged user with
something like "sudo -u dhis ./startup.sh".

Regards,
Jason

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.picker...@gmail.com