Great presentation on the buy/build questions.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alvin Marcelo <admarc...@up.edu.ph>
Date: 21 September 2016 at 19:23
Subject: [AEHIN-ORG] Webinar recording of Alice Liu's health information
systems: build or buy?
To: aehin-...@list.wpro.who.int

Dear AeHIN members,

I am pleased to forward these link to Alice's webinar two nights ago. It
was an eye-opener on the complexity involved in either the build or the buy
options...

Bottom line is who makes decisions like this and what resources need to be
there to fulfill this decision. I invite you to watch the video and share
your thoughts about this topic in this thread...

My personal opinion: buy from a position of strength. The buyer should know
clearly what they need and has a list of benefits they expect from the
purchase. This list of benefits then serve as indicators of success for the
health information system. To proceed with procurement without knowing WHY
you are buying it is a formula for disaster...

My two cents...

Alvin