Dear Chathura and Pamod,
Unfortunately, evaluating indicators using what would have been the latest
value within every enrollment at a given time is not supported. We could make a
program indicator that does the base calculation you want, but it will
currently only reflect the disease situation as of the time of aggregation.

Please feel free to write up a JIRA improvement suggestion to support this.

Best regards
Markus

> [...]
> currently positive children, you would have to define a long enough reporting
> period to capture all enrollment dates, and filter out anyone not positive.
>
> As a reminder there is a planned improvement to allow other dates to be the
> basis of aggregation: DHIS2-1398 <https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/DHIS2-1398>
>
> Curious to hear how this covers your use case.
>
> Markus
>
>> 10. apr. 2017 kl. 13.37 skrev Pamod Amarakoon <pam...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:pam...@gmail.com>>:
>>
>> Dear Marcus,
>>
>> Want to clarify something.
>>
>> Suppose for example Child A has been marked positive for a disease in
>> October 2016 and he has not turned up for further clinic followups. If we
>> configure the program indicator the way you mentioned and select period
>> dimension as last 12 months from pivot table and consider the output, we are
>> interested in obtaining the cross sectional view of number of affected
>> children at a given time.
>>
>> Will the child A only be calculated for the month of October 2016 or will he
>> be counted on subsequent months as well. (In the output we are expecting to
>> see the prevalence of the disease per month).
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Markus Bekken <mar...@dhis2.org
>> <mailto:mar...@dhis2.org>> wrote:
>> Hi there Chathura,
>>
>> it seems that the query you want to make below can be achieved with
>> enrollment program indicators. Assuming the program is built as a multiple
>> event with registration, and the DE1 is part of a repeating program stage,
>> the inherent properties of enrollment program indicators covers much of what
>> you want. Each child will be counted only once, and only the latest value of
>> D1 will be considered for each child.
>>
>> Can you for example try making a program indicator with analytics type
>> "Enrollment", aggregation type "Sum" and the expression being the value of
>> DE1? Then you can use pivot or the API to query and see if the results match
>> your expectation.
>>
>> Markus
>>
>>> 1. apr. 2017 kl. 10.58 skrev chathura widanage <chathurawidan...@gmail.com
>>> <mailto:chathurawidan...@gmail.com>>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We are currently using DHIS2 to track nutrition problems of children under
>>> 5 years.
>>>
>>> Assume we have only two children in the database and DE1 be a certain
>>> condition that we monitor continuously,
>>>
>>> child 1 -> [event 1, DE1=1, time=t1] [event 2 - DE1=1,time=t2] [event 3 -
>>> DE1=0,time=t3]
>>> child 2 -> [event 1, DE1=0, time=t1] [event 2 - DE1=0,time=t2] [event 3 -
>>> DE1=0,time=t3]
>>>
>>> Now if I call
>>> "events/aggregate/<psi>?dimension=DE1:EQ:1&startDate=T1&endDate=T2&dimension=ou:<ouid>",
>>>  is there a parameter that we can set in the query to consider only the
>>> last value of the data element in the chosen event series.

>>> T1
>>> T2
>>> Result
>>> Expected result