Walusiku,

Periodtype table contains the list of period types (weekly, daily, monthly,
quarterly, etc).

Period table has the actual period definitions: period type, start date,
and end date (e.g. quarterly type, start date january 1, 2018, end date
March 31, 2018).

period id in the data value table refers to the entry in the period table.

periodid is for the period that the data is reported for.

If you need to get when the data value was actually entered/last updated,
in datavalue table you have created (when data point was created) and
lastupdated (when the data point value was last update).

Best,
Vlad