... you don't plan to help with the transition to GObject
based DiaRenderer(s).

That said, here is what currently already works (with
probably minor build issues on *nix, cause all this work
was done on win32) :

There is a new DiaRenderer class and a DiaInteractiveRenderer
interface defined in libdia. The DiaRenderer implementation
lives in libdia, the additional DiaInteractiveRenderer interface
is implemented in app/*

- RendererGdk is ported to be DiaGdkRenderer
- RendererPixmap has vanished. The render to pixmap facility
  is implemented on top of DiaGdkRenderer (parametrization)
- DiaRenderer has default implementations for higher level
  renderer function like draw_bezier (approximation with
  draw_line, moved from RendererGdk, *_rounded_*, etc.)
- all of object/* is ported to use DiaRenderer
- there is a new DiaSvgRenderer in libdia containing almost all
  the code which can be shared between plug-ins/svg and
  plug-ins/shape. The respective plug-ins are stripped down to
  their essential differences (removed code duplication).
- part of plug-ins/* (i.e. hpgl, shape, svg, wmf, wpg) is ported.
  The other plug-ins will be ported soon (want to contribute?).
- there is a new export plug-in called 'Pixbuf' which uses
  DiaGdkRenderer to export to gdk-pixbuf supported bitmap
  formats (currently only PNG and JPEG).

Almost as described in
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2002-June/msg00112.html
"""
- convert Renderer interface to GObject
  - change init_*_*ops() to *_class_init, virtual function support
    (should be done by/with the help of GObject)
  - lib/render.c includes most of the base DiaRenderer
    plug-ins/renderer.inc has code to approximate ellipse by arcs
    app/renderer_gdk.c : has a bezier by line approximation
  - try to involve original plug-in authors (to at least
    take a look if something got broken during the transition)
"""

and http://hans.breuer.org/dia/dia-todo.htm

RendererLibart and RendererEPS are next on my list. Following
plug-ins/python. If noone else is taking the missing plug-in
conversion (cgm, dxf, metapost, pstricks, xfig) they are last.

Regards,
        Hans