On 01/14/2015 09:40 PM, Hans Breuer wrote:
[...]
Please reconsider the importance of the message first. IMHO dumping random
stuff to the console is almost never a good idea.
The message should be less verbose now.

[...]
Now I see rotation to be also implemented by move_handle modifiers. I've experimented
with more advanced move_handle functionality with "Standard - Path" and
basically dropped all these to make it work properly. See:
     git log lib/standard-path.c
I feel very unconfortable with the context menu for controling the rotation. I
feel better with the shift key for smoothly controling the rotation.
So, i suggest a patch that adds the modifier parameter to the move_handle undo
context.

  - handle directions are off (visible by the direction of the
    mouse cursor)
I'm not sure to understand what you mean. I've the mouse cursor that change
when overing handles (see attachment).

Trying to reproduce I've only seen it with rotated "Sozi - Frame".
Other objects supporting rotation have similar issues, see e.g. "Standard -
Outline". Currently I have no suggestion how to overcome this.
Ok, so let it aside for a while.

BTW Rotation:
My newest sozi-test.dia is using different rotatable objects to undo that
rotation via Sozi. Now I've noticed some inconsitency between the user visible
angle between different object implementations. Sozi, Standard-Image and
Standard-Text are using the same representation, but Group and Standard-Outline
are using two different variants. Did you use one of the existing objects as
example. Or is clockwise just the most expected option?
I think i followed the right hand rule in the frame with x horizontal to the
right, and y vertical to the bottom. So positive angles are clockwise.
Just for sake of clarity/simplicity in the arithmetic code :)

  - the create functions should return the second handle
    (see attached patch)
Applied, thanks

  - together with the fix for move_handle() this makes Sozi object
    creation much more natural
yes

I pushed 3 new patches
https://gitorious.org/dia_sozi/dia_sozi/commits/02b2793d14aabf925e81389d9547577e9510253a