On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 3:50 AM Zander Brown <zbr...@gnome.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2018-12-04 at 22:20 -0500, Alejandro Imass wrote:
>

> The Gtk3 -> 4 transition should be much smoother, just a bit monotonous
>
> I have heard of people suggesting to use JSX for GTK 4, so not sure why
> the "shit" comment about React earlier. In fact, React would probably be
> the best bet of survival or rebirth for DIA. But heck what do I know, right
> ?
>

> That's more of a general play with GObject and is unrelated to Gtk4 (And
> nobody is seriously suggesting we scrap Dia and start again in JavaScript
> are they?)

Well, actually I did suggest that, at least that we discuss the different
options and listen to the users to where they want this product to go next.

My comments are just general and I haven't honestly looked into the
technical details and up to this point.

You seem to know exactly what needs to be done to get through the GTK 2
bump, and it awesome that at least someone does and understands the urgency
to AT LEAST bump it up to GTK 3. We use DIA on daily basis and don't want
to see it die. So we could cough up some cash and finance some of this
effort.

In your opinion is is too crazy to suggest separating the UI/UX from the
logic and salvaging the C code, templates and all the other non-UI stuff
 as a "backend".