On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 4:07 PM <dia-list-requ...@gnome.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Oct 2020, Olav Vitters wrote:
>
> > Thanks, up to now that lack of creating a new topic/thread via email
> > wasn't much of a problem. Hopefully by raising it as an issue it can get
> > fixed. Upstream (Discourse) was ok with the idea, but seems there aren't
> > too many people who complained. I did notice that upstream proposed
> > something like 'Tagged: dia' instead of a unique email address.

Adding a special header is not an option for most people. A topic specific
email address is something everyone can use.

I have seen systems that accept a prefix or suffix to the user part of the
address for purposes of "sorting" incoming email into "sub folders" of the
user's mail box. The same idea could be adapted for tagging messages to
entered into Discourse (or other forum software).