On 2001.05.07 16:21 Lars Clausen wrote:
> On Mon, 7 May 2001, Andrew S. wrote:
>
> > There is a Dia SQL export plug-in available at:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.tuxtopia.com/pub/dia/plug-ins/sql.tar.gz
> > ftp://az.water.usgs.gov/pub/ashalper/src/dia/plug-ins/sql.tar.gz
> >
> > It currently only supports UML class diagrams, and can only generate
> > plain SQL CREATE TABLE statements.
> >
> > The next version will support the { PRIMARY KEY | UNIQUE } syntax.
> >
> > Both of these FTP servers are probably quite flakey.  If someone would
> > like to add it to the CVS tree, I would be happy to maintain it there.
>
> How does this compare to the Dia2SQL project on SourceForge?

Dia2SQL is a Perl script that takes a Dia diagram in EPS form and creates
an SQL file from it (I think?).  The plug-in is written in C and reads the
native Dia diagram data structures.  Long-term I'd like to do an SQL import
filter too, and have the export filter map UML to the non-portable SQL
dialects of different RDBMSs.

I have not used Dia2SQL yet, but I would imagine that right now,
functionally, there's not that much difference.

Andy