I'm not sure where it *supposed* to come from, but I was able to get a
copy of python.m4 (the Automake macro for Python configuration options)
from the CVS version of Ammonite. I've attached it in case anyone else
is having problems -- drop it in your aclocal directory ('aclocal
--print-ac-dir' for the uncertain).

I'm still having problems with the build on RH7, but am working through
them; on SuSE 7, though, the newest CVS version absolutely refuses to
compile -- something to do with their screwy placement of all the GNOME
core libraries and apps, I think.

Lennon Day-Reynolds