Given the workarounds required for embedding SVG hyperlinks described in
this issue:
https://github.com/diagrams/diagrams-core/issues/92

I have decided to embed the SVG markup as an <svg> element entirely inline
within the HTML document, rather than referring to a separate .svg file
from an <object> tag.

To generate the SVG markup as a raw string, I used the following:

    Lucid.Base.renderText $ renderDia SVG (SVGOptions (mkWidth 200) Nothing
"") my_diagram

as described here:
http://projects.haskell.org/diagrams/haddock/Diagrams-Backend-SVG.html

I am using diagrams-svg-1.3.1.10 and lucid-2.9.5, which are included in LTS
Haskell version 5.9:
https://www.stackage.org/lts-5.9

However, this technique places extra header elements above the <svg>
element:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd";>

Is there a method either in the lucid package or diagrams-svg to suppress
these elements?