Sorry, I cannot run the program since my Linux distro (Ubuntu bionic) does
not seem to have 'avconv'.  But in any case I think I now have a better
idea what you are trying to do.  For making animations in this case I
recommend the simplest approach, which is to use the 'animatedGif' function
from diagrams-rasterific:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/diagrams-rasterific-1.4.1/docs/Diagrams-Backend-Rasterific.html#v:animatedGif
For
drawing function plots, you can simply use
https://diagrams.github.io/haddock/diagrams-lib/Diagrams-CubicSpline.html#v:cubicSpline
on
a list of points sampled from the function.

-Brent