Verizon Wireless has announced that it intends to cease providing SMTP
service to its broadband customers ffective August 29, 2009. For those of us
who live in rural areas, Verizon Wireless broadband service is the only ISP
service available. To lose SMTP service - which is primary to all ISPs -
will cause me and others in rural areas irrepairable harm. The Verizon
announcement can be vised at

http://support.vzw.com/information/smtp_shutdown.html

This is an extreme hardship for me as I use email clients on my personal
computer to manage my email. Web mail SMTP service is not an option. I have
several domain names that I use for my email addresses to conduct various
business and webmail is known to not easily support use of multiple domain
names in its addressing.

Please contact your state telecommunications authority and Verizon Wireless
regarding this matter. Thank you.