> Verizon Wireless has announced that it intends to cease providing
SMTP
 service to its broadband customers snip)

        Are you sure this is correct? I understand Verizon intends to stop
SMTP relay services (mostly not needed by today's ISP's who allow
outbound mail from non local IP's) however I do not believe they
intend to stop providing SMTP services to broadband customers. This
would only impact people who try and send mail hosted by a different
ISP, and the ISP does not allow mail delivery through a non local IP.

        Don

 On Tue 28/07/09 11:00 PM , "christian stalberg"
cstal...@stalberg.net sent:
  Verizon Wireless has announced that it intends to cease providing
SMTP
 service to its broadband customers ffective August 29, 2009. For
those of us
 who live in rural areas, Verizon Wireless broadband service is the
only ISP
 service available. To lose SMTP service - which is primary to all
ISPs -
 will cause me and others in rural areas irrepairable harm. The
Verizon
 announcement can be vised at

 http://support.vzw.com/information/smtp_shutdown.html [1]

 This is an extreme hardship for me as I use email clients on my
personal
 computer to manage my email. Web mail SMTP service is not an option.
I have
 several domain names that I use for my email addresses to conduct
various
 business and webmail is known to not easily support use of multiple
domain
 names in its addressing.

 Please contact your state telecommunications authority and Verizon
Wireless
 regarding this matter. Thank you.

the body of the message.

Links: