and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in this e-mail in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

From: "Phil Shapiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [DDN] converting hyperstudio stacks to powerbullet presenter
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:53:04 -0500 (EST)

hi everyone -

    for those of you who might have had experience creating hyperstudio
stacks with youth, i had a successful experience yesterday converting
a simple hyperstudio stack to flash format on the web using the
no-cost windows software called powerbullet presenter.
http://www.powerbullet.com

       you can see the stack i converted at
http://www.writersforliteracy.org/brownisbrown.htm

       important note - the audio on the second screen of this
presentation is quite loud. you probably want to reduce the volume
level of your computer before viewing this.

        the software tool i used to capture the audio on my ibook laptop
is "wiretap."
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/freebies/

         i grabbed the screens from this stack using a regular mac os x
screen grab.
(apple-shift-4.)

             hope this helps others wanting to do more multimedia
presentations with youth and adult learners. kudos to those
oregon teachers and students who created "brown is brown."
this is an example of constructivist learning at its best.

                  - phil

-- Phil Shapiro [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.his.com/pshapiro/ (personal) http://teachme.blogspot.com (weblog) http://guitarlessons.blogspot.com/ (guitar lessons) http://mytvstation.blogspot.com/ (video and rich media)

"We can…and we’ve got to…do better than this." - Dr. Seuss