Michael, Here are two quick suggested additions from an international
viewpoint:

> * Digital Literacy

Change to:
* Literacies
 ** Basic
 ** Digital
[others can be added]

> * Access
>  ** Connectivity (Local Infrastructure)
>  ** Hardware for the People
>  ** Accessibility for those with disabilities and functional
> limitations

Access is recognized as having many dimensions. Bridges.org, as I recall, lists
up to a dozen. In a way, discussion of the kind of physical access you list
leads naturally to discussion of "soft access," i.e., access is more than the
(connected) hardware. The field of localization, of course, deals with how to
make access more meaningful and relevant to users. Localization could have its
own heading in your list as follows, or be combined with your Access list as
"Access & localization":

* Localization
 ** Fonts and input methods for appropriate language(s)
 ** Software interfaces in appropriate language(s)
 ** Culturally appropriate themes of interfaces
 ** Locale information
 ** Multimedia & non-text interfaces, as needed

Taken together, the two suggestions intend to cover the ground between the user
and the technology: user skills need to be considered and enhanced (everyone is
learning; some need more help at any given time and for whatever particular
task), and the technology needs to be adapted in various ways to meet the user
communities.

Don Osborn
Bisharat.net

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]: